Send Rakhi to India
Same Day Delivery | Lowest Price | Free Delivery
Rakhi is on 11th & 12th August. We are still taking order for Rakhi Delivery in India.
Designer Rakhi Set to India
Rakhi in India | Rakhi Sets at Cheap Price | Free Delivery
2022 Rakhi Delivery in India
Send Rakhi to India | Rakhi Sets | Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi | Kids Rakhi
Rakhi Gift to Brother in India
Trending Rakshabandhan Gifts to India
Designer Collection of Rakhi to India
Included: Free Roli Tika | Free Card | Free Delivery
Q1. Do you provide Free Delivery of Rakhi Gifts to India?
Q2. In which cities Rakhi Delivery in India is possible?
Q3. What payment options do you have on the website to order Rakhi to India? Are they safe?
Q4. What are the items included in your Rakhi Packages?
Rakhi Gifts to India for Sister
Best Return Gifts | Gifts for Sisters | Free Delivery
International Rakhi Delivery
Rakhi to India, Rakhi Gifts to India - Free Delivery
Sending Rakhi to India Online from USA, UK, Canada & other countries with free shipping is very easy. Celebrate Raksha Bandhan 2022 with online rakhi shopping on our website to send Rakhi Gifts to India. Buy premium lumba & mouli Rakhi with Pooja Thali at cheap price for delivery on rakshabandhan. Surprise your Bhaiya & Bhabhi with our Express Delivery Rakhi Gift of delicious Haldiram Sweets with Family Rakhi Set and Rakhi Gifts Basket to India to over 600 small and big cities. We also have Kids Rakhi with Chocolates, crunchy Dry Fruits, live Plants & Personalized Gifts for same day shipping. Option to add extra rakhi & customized message available. Complimentary Roli-Tika & Chawal included. Free Delivery India-wide.
- Very happy that my family received a beautiful rakhi very much on time although I placed the order at the last minute. Thanks for your express delivery service at Surat. 5Stars for it. Sender: Ms. Asha Patel from S Hastings way (verified order no: GTI-1608202129378102)
- Thank you so much for delivering rakhi gifts to my wife’s brother back in Lucknow and now she is more than happy with the delivered hamper. Keep rocking and maintain the same standard of trust. Sender: Mr. Anurag Saksena from Dubai (verified order no: HGTI-1708202111945902)
- I am glad that my brother in Begusarai was overjoyed when he received gifts. I heard the quality of gift was good and rakhi was also very beautiful. Thank you again! Sender: Mrs. Anjana Kumar from Bukit Batok St, Singapore (verified order no: GTI-060820212442602)
- I am thankful to your commendable service. In spite of me placing order just few days in advance, still you people managed it so well in delivering rakhi to my brother before rakshabandhan. Once again thank you. Sender: Mrs. Jeegisha Dinnall from Nottingham (verified order no: HGTI-200720192586502)
- This was my first attempt of sending rakhi gift out of India, although I have used online service for India, but abroad it was first time. I can’t tell you how excited I was when my brother called from Flower Mound and said that he received the gift in time and in good condition. Sender: Mr. Vishal Chanda from Mumbai (verified order no: HGTI-190720206530702)
Send Rakhi to India at INR 75, Free Delivery
Surprise your loving brothers on rakshabandhan with express delivery to his home of designer rakhi at the most affordable price, starting at INR 75. You just need to order online on our website where you will get the option to choose from over 300 designs of premium rakhee thread that will surely add value to your relationship. In our online catalogue, we have products to suit people of all age group in the family. Thus on one hand you can find products to send fancy Kids Rakhi to India from USA for children at your home and on the other hand, you get an option to select and send designer lumba rakhi to India from UK for your Bhabhi with the best deals of the season. With us, you do not need to browse many websites or hop from one store to other to shop for the best rakshabandhan gift in 2022; you will get everything here arranged under different categories to make your shopping experience seamless. Thus, do not wait to Send Rakhi to India Online today. We do Free Delivery all over India in just 1 to 2 days during the rakshabandhan season.
Sending Rakhi Gifts to India at Lowest Price
You are bound to get tempted to buy gifts for bhaiya & bhabhi at the lowest price from our website on this Rakshabandhan as we are having a collection of over 3000 in-expensive products that you can choose to send rakhi gifts to India.
Yes, you read it right! You get an option to choose the best gifts online for 2022 rakshabandhan from only one online website that is www.gifts-to-india.com and get a free delivery at your home anywhere in India within 1-2 days.
Here, you get the option to choose from a combo of auspicious rakhi with sweets or a silver plated bracelet rakhi with chocolates at the cheapest price. We also have personalized gifts like coffee mug set, t-shirts, personalized watch, photo tile and other options on our website that you can choose to send as rakhee presents for your brother anywhere in India. We have unique gifts for kids that is sure to make them feel happy. You can also opt to buy a rakshabandhan Pooja thali with dry fruits for your family. All available at the budget friendly price.
All you need to do is choose the best gift for brother on rakshabandhan from the given options, available on our website and fill up a small form to give us your desired address and complete the transaction on the secured payment options given on the website. That’s it! We shall make it sure to do deliver your rakhi gift to India same day with free shipping.
Same Day Rakhi Delivery in India at 500+ Cities
If you are looking to send a last minute surprise for your brother on this rakshabandhan; then you are absolutely at the right place. We do Same Day Rakhi Delivery in India to over 500+ cities covering 30000 pin codes. No matter if you want to send rakhi to India from USA at various cities like send a rudraksha Rakhi to Bangalore or a designer Rakhi to Ahmedabad or personalized Rakhi to Kolkata; we can deliver it today within 3 to 4 hours with free shipping.
Why just send a nicely packed rakhee thread when on our website you get an option to choose in-expensive presents. We also have many other products that you can add to the sacred thread order and plan to send for your family anywhere in India as a unique and amazing rakhi hamperand get same day delivery for the same. You can opt to send delicious Indian sweets with Rakhi to India, Designer Rakhi to Nagpur or a box of delicious chocolate with Rakhi to Jabalpur or a beautifully packed platter of crunchy dry fruit with Rakhi to Guwahati and make a pleasant surprise for your family with our Free Express Delivery service on Raksha Bandhan.
So, what is restricting you;hurry up and pre-book your order with us now. Send pooja thali with rakhi to Gandhinagar, fancy kids Rakhi to Indore, premium set of bhaiya bhabhi Rakhi to Bhopal, in-expensive designer lumba to Noida; chocolates and gourmet nuts filled Rakhi Gifts Basket to Mumbai or anywhere in the country and get Same Day Delivery Rakhi Gifts to India Today from USA on our website.
You can check here for our list of 500 cities in India where we do Express Delivery, all with Free Shipping.
Why Gifts-to-India is the best website for Rakhi Shopping in 2022
We take pride in calling www.Gifts-to-India.com as the best website for online rakshabandhan shopping in 2022 because -
- We have been delivering rakhi to India since 2001.
- In these 22 years, we have successfully delivered 50 million rakhi gifts to India and Worldwide
- We have the largest delivery network in the country comprising of over 50000 postal codes.
- We cover 30000 pin codes across 500 cities in India for Same Day Rakhi Delivery in India.
- We also deliver internationally. You can shop to Send Rakhi to USA, a Gift of Rakhi to UK, Sweets with Rakhi to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan & to over 120 countries in the world from our website.
- We have an expert team of 60 professionals to manage rakhi delivery in India.
- Our website has over 5000 products at cheap price that you can shop online from the comfort your home and send presents for your family in India & worldwide.
- We house over 300 trending rakhi design of 2022. All categorized under premium Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi, fancy Kids Rakhi & Family set, Lumba and gift combos.
- We have all necessary items listed under one online store making us the Best Website for Rakhi Shopping in India at cheap price. On this top website you can complete you buy in just a couple of clicks and send Rakhi to India from USA, UK, Canada or Worldwide along with traditional sweets & snacks, imported chocolates, pooja thali, dry fruits, silver plated items, auspicious kumkum, rakhi gifts for kids and many more items at lowest price. We do free shipping anywhere in India.
- We also give you the option to add more rakhis, personalized message and cards to make your brother happy on rakshabandhan.
- We also have a separate catalogue of Return Gifts for Sisters.
Send the Cheapest Rakhi Gifts to India Online for your Bhaiya Today
Searching for some cheapest rakhi gifts ideas but could not find it? We have a variety of premium but low price rakhi options starting from only at INR @75. We have sweet hamper, snacks combos, personalized Rakhee band and many more items on the catalogue of our website. Order now and enjoy our express delivery services without any extra costs.
||Price Stars at
||Only @INR 75
||Same Day Delivery
||Free Delivery all over India
|Kids Rakhi Gifts
||Get it at INR 99
||Express Delivery in India
||Lowest Price Guarantee. Pay in INR
|Personalized Rakhi Gifts
||Shop at INR 299
||Delivered in 1-2 Days in courier all over India
||No Hidden Costs
||Starts @ Rs. 299
||One Day Delivery
||Secured-Multiple Payment Options
|Rakhi With Sweets
||In just Rs.475
||Today Delivery India-wide
||Track Orders Online
|Rakhi n Dry Fruits
||Only at INR 525
||24 x 7 Customer Support – Watsapp Chat, Call, Mail, Social Media, Review
||Send in INR 649
||Need 1-2 days for delivery from warehouse
||Easy Refund Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the date of Raksha Bandhan in 2022?
Ans: This year the festival of Raksha Bandhan is on Thursday, 11th August 2022. We celebrate RakshaBandan across the world on the last date of Shraavana month of the Hindu lunar calendar with is a Purnima (A Full Moon Day).
2. What is the best time for tying Rakhi in India this year?
3. Why is rakhi celebrated?
Rakshabandhan is a Hindu festival signifying the bond of protection, obligation or care between siblings. It has a presence in India mythology with stories of Pandava Queen Draupadi tying a cloth on the bleeding finger of Mathura King, Lord Krishna who in turn woes to protect her all life. Many more such stories are available in Indian Mythology. In rural North India; where village exogamy is still prevalent; married women goes back to her parent’s house with rakhi for brothers
on this day and celebrate this festival.
4. Do we tie rakhi to Bhabhi or Girls?
Ans: Yes. Women are also a part of this holy festival. Ladies tie a sacred designer thread called Lumba Rakhi on the bangles of married women & young girls to mark the festival of Raksha-bandhan in India.
5. What is the rakhi for women called?
The sacred thread of rakhi for women is different from those for gents. We know this as a Lumba or Loomba. A wide collection of beautiful designer & premium range of Lumba Rakhi for Bhabhi
are available on the website at cheap prices that you can buy & deliver worldwide.
6. How can I send rakhi to India online?
Ans: With our website you can now send rakhi to India online for your brothers from the comfort of your home. The website is designed in such a way that online rakhi shopping becomes very easy. You just need to choose the best gifts for Bhaiya & Bhabhi and give in the address details further to make the payment & proceed. Rest we shall ensure to do a door delivery ofyour order to your family anywhere in India on or before rakshabandhan 2022.
7. What is the best gift for rakshabandhan?
This rakshabandhan; shop online for the best presents for your brother and family in India. You can plan to deliver any of the following trending gifts for bhaiya Bhabhi & kids in India -
Check our video presentation on our You Tube Channel here: https://youtu.be/aKi6oKoKzWE
8. Is Rakhi delivery free in India?
Yes, at www.Gifts-to-India.com
you get the best online Rakhi Delivery in India with Free Shipping
. We deliver at over 50000 pin codes in the country without any shipping charges. Our shipping network also do Same Day Delivery of Rakhi Gifts to India
to over 500 cities across the country with no additional cost.
9. What is the charges for rakhi delivery in India?
Ans: You just need to pay for the product cost through our secured payment options on our website. No hidden charges. No Shipping Charges. Yes, you read it correctly; unlike many other rakhi shopping websites in our country; we do not take any extra delivery charge from our customers for delivering the best rakshabandhan gifts anywhere in India and at Gifts-to-India we strive to give the top most services to our all customers who are ordering online for sending rakhi to India.
10. Is Same Day Delivery of Rakhi possible in India?
Yes, Gifts-to-India.com has a wide and professionally managed network at over 500+ cities for same day delivery
across the country on rakshabandhan. We give free shipping for this service. You can also order for gifts, sweets, chocolates, dry fruits and get same day delivery rakhis at all these locations.
11. In which Indian cities you can get same day delivery of rakhi gifts?
12. What is the cost of Same day rakhi delivery in India?
Get Free Shipping on our website for Same Day Rakhi Delivery
anywhere in India. We do not take any charges for delivering the beautiful & designer rakhis and premium rakshabandan gifts for your bhaiya, Bhabhi, kids & family located anywhere in India. We cover 50000 pin codes in the country with our free express shipping services. Out of this over 30000 pin codes covering 500+ metropolitan cities, towns and villages in the country are; well connected to our network to ensure a seamless Same Day Delivery on Raksha Bandhan this year without any additional cost
The Best Rakhi Gift Guide 2022
You are bound to get confused with the plethora of options to shop for the best gifts for your brothers on this rakshabandhan and we know this. To make things simpler for you, we are writing this piece of article that can act as a Rakhi Gift Guide for you and give you some of the best ideas for sending a rakhi to India based on your relations:
Rakhi Gift For Your Elder Brother in India
- Branded Perfume – Give an imported perfume with a beautiful rudraksha Rakhi to him and give him some aroma of love and warmth and a reason to smile even in his hectic lifestyle.
- Men’s Grooming Kits – This rakshabandhan, give your bhaiya a makeover with the best men’s grooming kits from Park Avenue, Axe, The Man’s Co. and other reputed brands.
Gifts For a Younger Brother on Rakhi in India
- Snacks Hamper – If your bhai is a foodie; this for sure would be the best gift he could get on rakhi. The wafers, drinks and savory nuts filled baskets from our website would be a delight for him.
- Personalized Gifts – A personalized blue tooth speaker for a music junkie or a personalized sipper bottle for a school going kid. You can send and amaze your younger brother with exclusive personalize gifts on Raksha Bandhan.
Bhaiya-Bhabhi Rakhi Gifts for Delivery in India
- A Gourmet Gift Basket – Celebrate rakshabandhan by gifting this amazing bhaiya-bhabhi rakhi set with a basket loaded with delicacies like kaju katli, brownie, ice cream tubs, Ferrero rocher chocolates and more items.
- Kaju Katli with Dry Fruits – This surely is the best gift combo for rakhi as it has a mix of both sweets and health for the couple.
Best Gifts for Kids on Rakhi to India
- Back to School Set - As your little brother is going to school now, he would be overjoyed to get a set of backpack with a lunch box and water bottle and remember you whenever he will be using it.
- Chocolates Gift Basket – Tie a beautiful rakhis on the hand of your younger brother and gift him some delicious chocolates hamper. Trust us; he will give the tightest hug ever after getting this.
Rakhi Gifts for Best Cousins
- Delicious Sweets Hamper- Gift a delicious sweet hamper to your cousin and see the lovely smile on his face as you know his love for the traditional Indian mithai like balushahi, rasmalai, rasgulla etc.
- Accessories - A nice fragrance or a smart watch never fails to impress anybody. Gift your cousin his favorite branded perfume or watch and see him accessories them in his life.
Rakhi Gifts that is sure to make your Uncles smile
- Kaju Katli Hamper - If your uncle loves kaju katli like anything than gift him the hamper along with the auspicious thread and make him smile.
- Pen Set - Does your Chachu has love for a fountain pen? Then on this rakhi you can gift him Exclusive Pen sets and say thank you to him for staying there always at your back.
Find more amazing and unique gifts for rakhi right here at our website www.gifts-to-india.com. We will try to incorporate all your wishes in the presents.
- Click The Gift Guide to know more about it.
- Related reads in our blogs:
An Insight on what customers mostly buy as Rakhi Gifts on our website
We have been delivering Online Rakhi to India now for around 22 years. We thought of using our experience & data to present an insight on what people have loved to buy & deliver for their beloved brothers on this auspicious Indian festival in all these years. This compilation has been made on the basis of our order trends over the years and may help you in planning the best rakhi gift for your brother.
The average spending per gift has increased over the last decade as the modern Indian customers have shifted their preference from a customary rakhi and sweets combos more towards rakhi gift baskets and sweet & savory combos to add value to their gifting experience. In general, over the past 2 years we have seen a massive 36% jump in the average spending that our customers are doing for their orders for rakhi gift delivery in India and Worldwide.
Presenting for you a list of Top 5 Rakhi Gift Ideas on the basis of our order trends -
- Without any questions, the most sold product on our website is the Auspicious Rakhi for brothers to India. The soul of this festival is the sacred thread, the mouli or raksha sutra as is called in Sanskrit language this product teamed with a Card is the top most sold item from our website. Girls who have married brothers have mostly chosen to Send Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi to India. For the families with children we have seen orders for Kids Rakhi to India. Over the years and mostly in the previous couple of years a new trend is being observed with customers looking & shopping for rakhi for sisters to India.
- Traditionally, any festivity in India is incomplete without a mithai. More importantly during Rakshabandhan pooja, sisters offer sweets for brothers and as such most of our customers buy & Send Rakhi with Sweets to India for their family. To be more precise, they have been buying the boondi ladoo for their brothers but lately they have shifted their choice more towards the sealed packed traditional Indian Sweets like Kaju Katli, Rasgulla & Soan Papdi. Over the years people have trusted Haldiram’s for this purpose more because of its global presence over taste fulness. Very recently some of our customers have been buying some trendy sweet like Baklawa and Rakhi’s from our website. Thus the combo of Rakhi Sweets comes 2nd in our list of bestselling gift item in India & worldwide.
- Chocolates are a delight for all age group people. People love to eat chocolates & share them as well. A budget friendly item with a longer shelf live and with being shareable a box of Chocolate and Rakhi is surely placed third in our list for top rakhi gifts to India over the years. Customers have shown keen interest in Ferrero Rocher Boxes, the sale for which nearly triples itself during this festivity. Now in the last couple of years, sisters are looking to send a more value for money product like a Chocolate Gifts Basket for Brothers on Raksha Bandhan. Now in India, there are many brands like Cadbury, Nestle, Lindt, Foxes, Sapphire, Royal Dansk etc. are selling delicious chocolates and the acceptance has increased over the years when girls are looking to send rakhi with chocolates to India. This has been a very good option for sending return gift for sisters to India after the Sravaan Purnima (Raksha Bandhan).
- Sending Rakhi with Dry Fruits to India is another common combination that we have observed our customers have been relying to buy over the years. This token of love on rakshabandhan has been in trend since we came into picture and it looks obvious because the festival symbolizes care & protection and Dried fruits give all needed care & health for your beloved brother. Again, just like chocolates; almonds, cashews, pistachio, raisins are enjoyed by everyone in an average Indian family; and a Rakhi Gift with Dry Fruit Platter is sharable; thus complying with the core Hindu concept of enjoying with all in the families.
- In India no festive moment is completed without making children happy and same has applied with Rakhi Gifts for Kids to India. We won’t be exaggerating in saying that over 50% of our orders for Raksha Bandhan have some presents for the little ones in the family as sister love to send Kids Rakhi to India
A graphical representation of the above:
* Please note: The source of the above table is the order trend over the years. This is just a conclusion drawn by our team and can be biased. Also, this is bound to change as per customer preference. Our customers can consider this chart but are also advised not to be swayed by the above and to buy & send rakhi gifts to India at behest of their own thoughts, requirements and budgets.
Frequently Asked Questions - International Delivery
1. Can I send rakhi to India from USA?
No matter where ever you reside in USA, with the most conveniently designed catalogue on our website www.gifts-to-india.com you can easily do your online shopping to choose from over 300 designs of premium rakhis and place your order for a superb gift of Sweets and Rakhi from USA to India
for your family at the lowest price.
2. How can I send rakhi to India from Canada?
You need not worry if you want to Send Rakhi from Canada to India
. Just shop online on gifts-to-india from the comfort of your home to buy the most tasteful sweet, imported chocolates, healthy dry fruits and many more presents for your Bhaiya Bhabhi & Kids and get free delivery of the best rakshabandhan presents at over 50000 pin codes in India.
3. How can I send rakhi to India from UK?
If you are looking for a delivery of rakhi from UK to India
; then you are at the best website as we have a big catalogue of designer & premium presents for rakshabandhan at cheap prices. You can easily shop and send the best rakhee and gifts for your family anywhere in India from the comfort of your home in United Kingdom.
4. Can I send Rakhi Abroad?
Yes, we have our services for delivering rakhi and gifts internationally to 120 countries. On www.Gifts-to-India.com
you can choose to send sweets, chocolates, dry fruits, teddy and abroad rakhi delivery. The top search query for worldwide rakhi delivery with free shipping on our website are:
Complete Raksha Bandhan Shopping Checklist for Rakhi Pooja
Here’s presenting a list of all 7 items that the gift sent by you for your brother should contain so that the auspicious festival is concluded with full joy and fun; without any added stress or if’s and but’s. If you tick out the items listed below; be rest assured; you will not be missing on any product needed on this day.
- Pooja Thali – the festive ceremony will start with arranging all the essential items at one place. Hence you should send rakhi pooja thali to India so that your family can complete the rituals in an organized manner. This thali can be a Golden Plates or Silver Plated Thali or can be a decorative Meenakari Thali. You can also send an eco-friendly thali; handmade & decorated on a paper board.You can add to cart and get designer Rakhi Pooja Thali delivery in India at a low price of INR 125 on our website, free shipping all over the country.
- Kumkum & Chawal – the red roli tika or chandan tika & chawal are one of the most essential ingredients of any Hindu ritual and have social and religious markings in India. Sisters tilak the forehead of their brothers before starting the puja on Raksha Bandhan. These powder made of herbal turmeric also are included in our products. We can assure you that, your family will surely receive a pack of Free Roli Tika & Chawal and successfully complete the puja if you decide to Send Rakhi Gifts to India from our website.
- Kalash with Holy Water – Ganga Jal, the Holy Water is a common item needed to fulfill any ritual in Hindu religion. On rakshabandhan, girls clean up the aura with this holy water kept in a kalash or small vessel. Your family can receive a kalash along with a Lord Ganesha Idol if you order for a Silver Plated Pooja Thali as a Rakhi Gift to India from our website at just INR 299.
- Dry Coconut (Gut) – Some communities in India use a small sized decorated dry coconut on the pooja thali and tie it to the door structure while completing the festive rituals during the poornima puja. We in India also call it as Gut or Sukha Nariyal. You can also include it with your order as you Send Rakhi Gift from America to India from our website at just INR 99.
- Auspicious Mouli Rakhi – We have already written about it in various sections of our website. For, Raksha Bandhan festival you need to Send Rakhi to India for your brothers, kids, Bhabhi and sisters as well. You need a separate mouli thread for each individual in the family to complete the Pooja. Thus, you need to buy a separate designer thread for brothers in India and you should also Send Lumba to India for Bhabhi and Sisters and pray for their wellbeing.
- Mishri & Sweets – The festivity ends with a custom of sisters offering traditional mithai to their brothers & family members. Many girls likes to send rakhi with chocolates to India for their younger brothers instead of sending rakhi with sweets to India. A lot many varieties of traditional Indian sweets starting from kaju katli, boondi ladoo, soan papdi, rasgulla, rasmalai etc. and chocolates like Ferrero Rocher, Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk are available in the market that you can use to send as rakhi gifts to India. Some people also use Mishri or Candy and Almonds for this purpose. You can also buy on our website for sending rakhi with dry fruits to India at a very affordable price.
Tabular representation of the above given rakshabandanshopping checklist and items available in our gift boxes –
|Do you need to buy it separately from any other store
Choice available within budget
|Kumkum & Chawal
It is included in every package
|Kalash with Holy Water
Choosefrom various range. Holy water is not available
|You just need to buy the holy water
Available as an add-on product Also added in some combos
300+ options are available Price starts at INR 75. A Free Rakhi is given in all pack
We give additional rakhi’s for Free with the cards
|Mishri & Sweets
Get Plethora of Chocolates, Sweets, Dry Fruits Price range starts from Inr 99
|Not at all needed.
So, If you are sending Rakhi Gifts from USA to India though our website; be assured that your brother & family will surely receive all the needed items from Roli Tika, Chawal, Rakhi with Sweets to India, nicely packed along with a customize gift card and will be able to complete the Pooja with all galore.
People with whom you would love to celebrate 2022 Raksha Bandhan
Here’s presenting a table of certain people with whom you can look to celebrate Rakshabandhan. We are make this more meaningful by adding a reason for which we have added them to our list and will also give you a suggestive rakhi gift idea for these unsung brothers of our country with this table below:
||Why they be a part of our celebration
||What to send as a present
|Doctors, Medical Staff & Paramedics
||They are the one who have been through a rigorous life over the last 2 years since the pandemic. Yet they are available all time to support and protect our lives hence should be celebrated on rakshabandhan
||You can send a box of sweets or chocolates for them and their families along with a beautiful handmade rakhi thread and make them feel remembered
||All days, any season, away from family; they are always on duty to protect us and our countries borders from enemy thus their services comply with the essence of protection & care that comes with this festival.
||Celebrate this festival with army men and their families by sending sweets and dry fruits along with the sacred mouli rakhi’s and let them be a part of our India festivities
||They have equally contributed in our lives over the past few years by providing social help whenever we have suffered from a manmade or a natural calamity. Celebrate with them to say thank you.
||You can send them a present like a pen or a dairy along with rakhis and thank them for their services to India
|Guards, Cleaners & Helpers
||In India, we generally call any unknown person as “Bhaiya”. It happens with the society cleaners, guards and helpers. Moreover, they are the people who help us clean up our environment and make it habitat conducive. We should show our gratitude towards them and say thank you.
||Like always sending a box of sweet or a bar of chocolate can bring enough smile on the faces of these unsung brothers in India and they can be made a part of our rakhee celebration this year
Find below some lesser-known but interesting facts about RakshaBandan:
Trivia 1: There are 6 Instances of Rakhi linked with Love, Care & Protection in Hindu Mythology
Do you know, that there are 6 other references of rakhi in the religious books in India and all of these stories refer to care & protection. Here is the list below:
- Sachi & Indra - Sachi, tied a rakhi band on her husband god king Indra’s wrist which helped him return unharmed defeating demon king Bali in war.
- Draupadi & Krishana – Draupadi tied a part of her saree to the finger of Lord Krishna, who uttered the word ‘Akshyam’, meaning ‘may it be unending’ and protected her during ‘Vastraharan’ as her saree became endless. (ref: The Mahabharata)
- Laxmi & Bali - Goddess Lakshmi went to Bali in disguise to tie a Rakhi to his wrist & get a promise to set the India God Vishnu free from his this request of staying at his palace. (ref: Bhagvata Purana & Vishnu Purana)
- Yamuna & Yama – Yamuna sister of Yama, the god of death in India tied a Rakhi to her brother. Moved by this love, in return, he blessed her with immortality. (ref: Old Legends)
- Santoshi Mata & Ganesha - Lord Ganesha created a daughter Santoshi from a divine flame so that Rakhi is tied on the wrists of his sons & thus Santoshi Maa has came into existence in India.
- Parvati & Vishnu - Owing to the Rakhis tied by Parvati; Lord Vishnu helped her win Lord Shiva’s heart and also performed all the rituals of the their wedding as a brother. (ref: Indian Purana)
To Know More Read: Rakhi Gifts to India Blogs
Trivia 2: History in India has 5 Instances of Rakhi all linked with Protection
We all know Rakhi is a Hindu festival. But a few of us know that this festival of Raksha Bandhan has a 5 references in history of India linked with Sikh Gurus, Writers and Muslim Rulers showcasing the bond of protection & love between siblings:
- Rabindra Nath Tagore’s Theme – Tagore considered rakshabandhan as an idea to spread love, respect, brotherhood and vow for mutual protection between Hindus and Muslims during the colonial days. Thus people of West Bengal started tying rakhi to their neighbours and close friends.
- The Alexander & Puru – In 326 BCE, Porus stopped attacking Alexander personally after he saw a Rakhi tied by Roxana, wife of Alexander The Great during his invasion of India. (ref: Old Legends)
- Rani Karnavati & Humayun - Around 1535 CE, Humayun restored Karnawati’s son, Vikramjit, to the throne of Chittoras a return gift to the rakhi sent by Rani Karnawati as king for his help and support from the king of India during a war with the Sultan of Gujrat, Bahadur Shah.
- Promise for Sikh Protection from Afgan Invaders - In the 18th century, Sikh Khalsa armies initiated Rakhi system to promise & protect farmers from Afghan invaders in return of a small farm produce from them.
- Maharani Jindan in Colonial Rule – In 1849 during the British rule, Maharani Jindan, wife of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, founder of Sikh empirein India sent a Rakhi to the ruler of Nepal, who in return, gave her a refuge in his country.
To Know More Read: This blog on Rakhi at Gifts to India
Trivia 3: Did you know, there are 9 different names for RakshaBanhdhan in India
India is a diverse country and the languages and customs changes from a state to another state. This gave birth to 9 different names for Rakshabandhan festival in India. Obviously, their traditions and celebrations also change with the names. Presenting the nine common names for rakhi in India:
||Different Names for Rakhi
||Prevalent in the Following Provisions
||Commonly known across India
||Mostly used in Gujarat & Rajasthan
||In most of the North West Indian states
||In Western India State of Maharashtra
||In Western Indian state of Gujarat
||Central India states of Madhya Pradesh & Bihar
||In the East India, State of West Bengal
||At North India state of Uttarakhand
Top 5 Trending Rakhi Messages this year – The One-Liners
- My Dear Brother, you are one of the most precious gifts sent by God. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you.
- Phoolon ka taron ka sabka kehna hain, Ek hazaron main meri behna hain. Wish you a Happy Rakhi.
- This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God that, may our bond of love continue to grow stronger with each passing year. Happy Rakhi!
- Thanks for bearing with a brother like me. Happy Rakhi!
- Sending lots of love and warm hugs on this special day my lovely sister. Happy Rakhi!
Identified 6 Brother-Sister Quotes from famous personalities
- "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." - Amy Li.
- "To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident; it is to have a soul-mate for life." - Victoria Secunda
- “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
- As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn't care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there! - Catherine Pulsifer
- A sister is both your mirror - and your opposite. - Elizabeth Fishel
- A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self. - Marian Sandmaier